Blackheads occur on the surface of the face when the hair follicles become clogged. They can affect the appearance of people, which is the reason why everybody wants to eliminate them. There are many commercial products available on the market that promise to eliminate blackheads. However, you should be careful what you put on your skin. Therefore, we will show you 12 tips and remedies how to get rid of the blackheads on the nose.
1.) Facial Steaming
Facial steaming can help a lot when it comes to blackhead elimination because it will make the skin softer and eliminate the blackheads in a natural way. Here is how to do a facial steam:
- Lemon rind (optional)
You should put 4 cups of water into the pan and boil it. Remove it from the heat when it starts to boil. You can now add couple of drops of lemon juice in it and take the towel so you can put it over your head. Position your head above the pan and inhale the steam for as long as you can. When you are done, wash your face with normal water and pat dry it.
2.) Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of the most effective blackhead removal ingredients. Here is how you should use it:
- Mix 3 tsp. of baking soda and 1 tsp. of water so you can make a paste.
- Apply it on the areas with blackheads with circular motions.
- Let the paste stay until it’s dry and wash your face with water afterwards.
- Do this two times per week so you can prevent any further blackheads.
You can also use cinnamon to remove and prevent blackheads. Here is how you should use it:
- Mix 2 tsp. of honey with cinnamon so you can form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the areas with blackheads and let it stay during the night.
- The following morning you should wash your face with water.
- Do this consistently for 10 days and you will notice positive results.
Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast choice for many people, but it is also great for treating blackheads. Here is how you should use it:
- Mix 2 tsp. of honey, oatmeal, and tomato juice.
- Apply the mixture on your concerned areas and wash it after 10 minutes.
- Do this consistently for 10 days if you want to eliminate the blackheads for good.
5.) Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is known for its bleaching activities. It is great for the treatment of acne, but for blackheads as well. Here is how you can use it:
- You should make a scrub out of honey, lemon juice, salt, and yogurt.
- Scrub your face with the paste so you can exfoliate the dead skin cells.
- Scrub your face each day for 10 days in order to see positive results.
6.) Green Tea
Green tea is excellent for problematic skin types because it contains a lot of antioxidants. Here is how you can make the paste:
- Mix 1 tsp. of green tea leaves and water to form a paste.
- Use the paste to scrub the areas with blackheads.
- You will deep clean and unclog the pores with this paste.
- Wash your face with water afterwards.
Honey is the best remedy for variety of skin issues no matter what your skin type is. It can eliminate the blackheads and make your skin hydrates, clear, and tighter.
- All you need to do is scoop 1 tsp. of honey and apply it on your face.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes and wash your face with water.
If you regularly use turmeric paste on your skin you will unclog the pores and prevent further clogging.
- You should mix the turmeric with 2 tbsp. of mint juice or neem.
- Apply the paste on the areas with blackheads and wait for it to dry out.
- Wash your face afterwards with water.
9.) Epsom salt
Epsom salt can scrub your skin and also give you other benefits.
- Mix 2 tsp. of Epsom salt with hot water and couple of drops of iodine.
- Let the salt dissolve completely into the water blend and let it cool down.
- Dip a cotton ball into the blend and apply the mixture on the affected area. You should wait for 5-10 minutes so it can dry out completely.
- Wash your face with water and pat dry it.
Cornmeal can clean clogged pores because it has abrasive properties.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of cornmeal with your favourite facial cleanser.
- Steam the affected area before you apply the blend so that your pores will be open.
- Apply the mixture on your blackheads with a circular motion.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes and wash the face with cold water.
Fenugreek will eliminate the blackheads from your face and make your skin glow.
- You should make a paste by mixing water and fenugreek.
- Apply it on your skin and let it dry out.
- Wash your face afterwards with water.
Orange contains a lot of vitamin C which is great for the skin. Here is how you can use it:
- Peel the orange and let the peels dry out for couple of hours.
- Scrub the blackheads with the orange skin whenever you feel the need.
Now that you know all the best natural blackhead remedies you should pick one and start your treatment. You should know that you shouldn’t try more than one at a time.