The topic of estrogen dominance is a popular topic these days. Many people are trying to find out about all the symptoms, and many don’t know a thing about it. So, you should take a look at the symptoms below for estrogen dominance, and how you can bring your hormones back into balance.
Before we get to that, here’s a quick recap:
Top 10 Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance
– Low libido
– Brain fog
– Abnormal menstrual periods
– Bad PMS (mood swings, breast tenderness/swelling, headaches)
– Weight gain (especially tummy and hips)
– Hair loss
– Sluggish metabolism
– Thyroid dysfunction
– Trouble sleeping
Step 1: Remove Xenoestrogens
Since we are living in modern societies, toxic chemicals easily enter our everyday life. Xenoestrogen is a chemical that acts as a stimulant for the estrogen in the body. You can find it in many items and it doesn’t come as a surprise that many people have estrogen dominance!
It is found in the following items:
– BPA cans
– Non-organic produce and dairy
– Plastic Tupperware
– Plastic water bottles
– Dryer sheets
– Tap water
– Soy protein isolate
– Toiletries, makeup, and cosmetics– Birth control pill
You should avoid using these items if you want to avoid having estrogen dominance.
Step 2: Sure You Eliminate It Efficiently
If you have constant constipation, you should know that your body will not be able to eliminate all the excess estrogen, which means that the excessive amounts will circulate through the body.
Therefore, you should treat chronic constipation by following these rules:
– Consume 2-3L of water per day
– Add fresh vegetables in each meal
– Add foods rich in fiber to your oatmeal or smoothie
– Take magnesium citrate to stimulate bowel movements
– Consume probiotic foods such as tempeh, sauerkraut, kefir, yogurt, miso, and kimchi
Other methods that are proven to prevent constipation and remove this toxin from the body:
– Dry brush your skin to eliminate dead skin cells
– Support the lungs by taking deep breaths
– Sweat through exercise or go in a sauna to eliminate the toxins
– Massage your body
3rd step: support the estrogen detoxification and the liver health
A healthy liver will successfully eliminate the toxins from the body. When it begins to detox the body, the liver turns the harmful estrogen into a weaker form. Then, it turns it into a water-soluble form, and finally removes it through urine and stool.
These two steps are important for supporting the detox, but there are two occasions where this won’t happen:
– If the liver doesn’t receive every nutrient that it needs to complete both phases.
– If you eat too much junk food, drink alcohol, or do drugs, which are chemicals that compete for the liver function.
This is what you should to do to support the function of the liver:
You should eat more whole foods, drink plenty of clean and filtered water, avoid drinking too much alcohol, avoid processed foods, eat more leafy greens, garlic, onions, eggs, beets, artichoke, ginger, licorice, red clover, dandelion root, rosemary, and milk thistle. Also, you can supplement with nutrients such as vitamin B6 and B12, folic acid, calcium-D-glucarate, sulforaphane, and DIM.